Domaine des Chassorney - Volnay 1er Cru Roncerets
Pinot Noir from 70 year old vines on calcerous clay soil from the 1er Cru plot of Roncerets. Macerated for 20 days in large barrels, fermentation for 20 days on natural yeasts and aged for 12 months in old barrels followed by four months in tanks. Notes of Plum, Peony, Hibiscus tea. The wine is rich and mineralized, and fine, elegant tannins melt into supple fruit.
The harvest date is September 11, 2015. Yield is 18 hL / ha! The field of Lonestra is adjacent to the very famous parcel champagne in Volnai just below! Fred says that wine is more masculine than skeletal lure! The field area is 0.29 ha. New barrels use 30%, the remaining 70% use barrels for 2 to 3 years! (The ratio of new barrels to old barrels in the previous year was 20:80).