Our own Michelle shares her secret Gazpacho recipe, as served at @barebe_zh in Herrliberg!
Gazpacho is one of my favorite summer recipes! It’s easy to make and it’s light, refreshing and perfect for the summer heat! After living in Spain for over 12 years, I’ve had time to perfect my recipe by tasting gazpachos from all over Spain, and also with the help of wonderful chef friends.
Here is what you'll need:
- 1 kilo ripe tomatoes (no need to peel if you have a food processor)
- 70 g cucumber, partially peeled
- 1 – 2 garlic cloves ( I prefer them small or 1 large one so the garlic taste is not too strong)
- 40 g onion
- 50 g green pepper
- Salt & pepper
- 30 mL vinegar
- 50 – 100 mL good olive oil (today I used La Villana oil)
- 200 mL cold water (optional)
- Ice cubes (if you have a food processor)
My secret ingredients:
- One teaspoon honey
- Lemon zest
- A few drops of liquid hickory smoke
The super simple steps:
Put all the chopped vegetables, vinegar, salt, pepper, honey, hickory smoke, lemon zest and ice cubes in the food processor and blend for 3-4 minutes to get the perfect texture.
Strain out the large chunks and add water if you’d like it to be thinner, or leave as is if you’d like to enjoy it with a spoon.
Add olive oil and blend for another 15 – 20 seconds.
Y listo! Delicious and refreshing gazpacho!
baRebe Natural Wine Bar
Come join Michelle Negrón (@michinegron), your host and goddess of all things natural wine for a relaxing glass in the garden or in the cozy lounge our new natural wine bar and shop in Hotel Rebe in Herrliberg!
Where: Gasthof zur Rebe, Dorf 20, 8704 Herrliberg (map)
Opening Times for August:
14.08 - Closed for Holiday!
21.08 - 18:00 - 22:30 It's Michelle's 40th birthday weekend. Stop by to wish her a happy birthday!
28.08 - 18:00 - 22:30